Sunday, July 3, 2011

Lonesome

You know how you can be around people, friends even, and still feel lonely?
Yeah, that's how I'm feeling right now.

I finished "Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince" Today.
It is by far my favorite book of the series, I think. I like them all really, but I especially liked this latest installment.
I started the last book of the series but I've only gotten about a page in.

I didn't really get to start the 7th book because I actually went somewhere today. It's shocking really. I mean, the rate at which I go out and see people is not very regular or often.
Perhaps this is why I'm lonely...but, no, it's more than that.

I think the Harry Potter books have an odd paradoxical effect on me. I love them, but I am simultaneously stressed out and depressed by them at times. I think that is probably because of the sense of impending doom about them. And the adventures are very exciting and fun, but everything is overshadowed by the fact that I am not really having adventures or seeing friends myself. I am wishing my life was more exciting and less lonely and trying to live through someone else, i.e. Harry Potter.

Not trying to sound so whiny and like such a loser. But the truth is that almost all the people I want to be with most are no longer in New Jersey. And again it goes beyond that.

No comments:

Post a Comment