Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sitting in a Dorm Room

I'm starving right now, and I'm really frustrated with my dad right now... But that doesn't matter right now.

I'm sitting in my newly set up dorm room, waiting for dinner at the caf so I don't have to pay any extra for food. My roommate Chachi just got here last night and so I was finally able to work with him on setting up our room. I've been living out of my duffle bags for a week because I've been waiting for my roommate to get here. I really like the set up we have now. Unfortunately my school network hates me and is not allowing me to upload photos. Maybe I'll be able to in the future when I go to a starbucks or something.

This past weekend I went on a retreat with all of the SLA's on campus. We are part of a ministry at school called "In Reach" so we had an In Reach retreat with all of the SLA's and SLC's. It was a really nice time; I go to really get to know a bunch of the other SLA's (there are about 40 of us) and the retreat was a really great way to escape from everything and rest and have quiet time with God. I felt really close to Him on the retreat. We also had some really funny, awesome times that I'll never forget. I can't wait to see how God works this semester and year after all He's done in our group already!

Right now I'm waiting for the semester to start up. We start classes tomorrow and I still have a bunch of stuff to figure out for school financially and stuff. Not fun, but hopefully after this week I'll have everything figured out.

Now I have to go, but I'll update again soon to explain how classes are going.

1 comment:

  1. Im praying the whole thing smooths out for you, good luck in your first few days of classes

    ReplyDelete