Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Stacking Up

So I finished paying for this month for school. I'll hopefully be getting some financial aid soon too.

The semester looks like it's going to be a tough one. I have five classes and three of them are kind of like project classes. Here's my schedule.

Monday, Wednesday and Friday:

9:00- Understanding New Testament
10:00- chapel
11:00- Writing for Media
2:00- Multi-Camera TV Production

Tuesday, Thursday:

9-10:45-- Interactive Media I

12:45-2:00-- Western Classics


I'm a little worried about the work load. I know for most people five classes is not a lot, but I've been taking four classes a semester for three years and I've been used to working and going to school, so the dynamic has changed. But the other thing is that I have three media classes which are all project classes. I'll tell you a little bit about them.

Writing for media sounds a little hard, but I think I'll enjoy it. We have assignments like writing a 30 second commercial, writing a documentary, and writing a short script (I think thirty pages...) So it sounds fun, but also involved. I'm excited and worried. There's also a bunch of reading for the first couple of weeks.

Multi-Cam is a class where we basically put on a television show every week. We take turns running different jobs such as director, camera opp, and actually I'm not sure of all the rest... It's going to be fun but involved... The first few weeks also have a lot of reading. I'm excited but I'll have to budget my time.

Interactive Media is a media class that focuses on making computer projects and presentations. It's kind of the business side of media. We'll be doing projects with Power Point, Photo Shop, Acrobat and Dream weaver and doing presentations, shows and creating an 8-page website. I'm excited to learn all this stuff, but it's half learn in class, half teach yourself. It's going to be busy, and involved... Probably lots of work. I'm excited to learn all of this, but nervous it will contribute to an already heavy workload. He told us we read a lot in the first few weeks about dreamweaver.

On top of all of those there's also Western Classics in which we will read about eight books, but some or the Iliad which is an epic poem, and also a couple of plays. I think I can manage it all if I spend a lot of time reading everyday. I also have to make time to spend time with people while I'm at college because I feel that's very important. I'll do my best to balance everything. I don't feel that I will be lazy this semester, but I just may get overwhelmed. The good thing is that most of my classes are done by around 3 in the afternoon, so I have the afternoons open. I just have to make sure I don't get to bed too far passed mid-night so that I can be fully charged for each day.

I'm excited for this semester! I'm going to learn a lot and hopefully get more of an idea of what I want to do for a living. And I'll be experienced enough to start getting some freelance jobs and start paying for some things. I just gotta stick close to God and know that he'll get me through it all and then I don't need to worry.

Here are those pictures of my dorm I couldn't upload before.
This is my corner of the room--my work space, if you will. I like it. It's a little crowded because I still have to clean up and organize a bit, but I like it. And yes, those are cheez-its you see.

That's my new macbook pro, and my bed is the one on the bottom with the Sonic sheets! I really like my room :)
My hall is really awesome too! We have our first koinania tonight so I'm a little nervous, but I love the guys on my hall so it's gunna be beauty. In all of this, may God be glorified.

1 comment:

  1. Awesomeness. Your classes sound really cool! Sweet dorm too

    ReplyDelete