Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I wanna change the world.

Maybe it’s just the late hour, maybe it’s the music I’m listening to, but at the moment I am feeling electric.

I look upon this world, this sad miserable world, filled with hurt and evil, the silent planet, the planet ruled by the father of lies; I look upon this world, and I want to change it. I want to live in it for one purpose and for one master. I know that this world is ailing and I know that my purpose is to love and live for my creator.

There is so much to be done, and I don’t know how to do it. But I will not fail for lack of trying. I think of the first chapter of Joshua in the Bible and it reminds me of the spirit God has put in us; a spirit of courage! We were put on this earth to fight and to live without compromise or apologies. We were put here to live recklessly and wildly for Him. Heck, he died a miserable death that put him through hell—literally.

What did he do with that death? He defeated it; once for all, he died. How can I sit around and fear? How can I put off what needs to be done for one more day? The time is now, the hero is me (or you, reading this). My only fear is apathy.

For whatever reason, which is beyond our understanding, God has given the task to us; the task of loving and changing this world.

Personally I feel a strong assurance that I will be used in mighty ways and will go out fighting. And it’s probably because, rather than sit around and complain, I am actually going to dive head first into whatever path God sets before me. Unlike I have been doing lately. But I’m only human; fortunately He is not. And He will help me grow close to Him again so that I might live tomorrow for Him.

Life is just beginning. Lets watch this big ol’ world light up like the sun.

1 comment:

  1. Christopher! I'm so with you- this is exactly how I have been feeling. I have more to tell you about this summer and the people I've met. Can't wait to see ya!

    ReplyDelete