Thursday, July 8, 2010

Something Insipid This Way Comes…(Day 4)

Hmm

What to talk about today. Welp, here goes.

Today I ate some food and melted in the hot sun. The End.

Yup, it’s exciting.

Actually, today I had to open up the skate park. I picked up a few of the kids that I usually bring, but it was kind of weird because everyone is on vacation this week. My brother Forrest is in North Carolina with his friend Aaron and they both usually come, so today I was picking up their friends without them here. I mean, I’m kinda friends with them too, but it was just strange.

When we got to the skate park, the sun was beating down and reflecting up at us off the pavement. We opened up the half pipe but it’s covered in a coat of protective white paint so it’s hotter on the ramp than on the pavement. I hung out with the only three kids that came today (the kids that I brought- Chandler, Gabe and Rachel) under the tent and we talked and had some snacks and water while we simmered. I did some drawings and we were all feeling kind of bored and regretful over the fact that we were there but couldn’t take advantage of it.

While we were sitting there though, Chandler was talking about air soft guns and video games and I suddenly had an idea. I asked him and the others to give me a list of first person shooter, video game titles. Here’s the list I came up with:

Call of Duty
Day of Defeat
Halo
Time Shift
Modern Warfare
Half Life
Far Cry
Left for Dead
Battlefield
Crisis
Fall Out
Oblivion

A few seconds later, conversations shifted and the kids forgot about my list. They were snacking and getting text messages and stuff. Meanwhile I started writing. Then I said, “Hey guys! Listen to this!” And this is what I wrote:

Consider this your Call of Duty, don’t let it be your Day of Defeat, otherwise you’ll be Left for Dead. This is a Crisis! You’re letting yourself be affected by the Fallout. But this isn’t a game; this is Modern Warfare, and in this Time Shift stop living a Half Life or you’ll fall into Oblivion. So stand up in this Battlefield, only then you will not be a Far Cry from the Halo.

They weren’t expecting it at all, and they all knew all of the games I incorporated so they really liked it. We tried it again a few more times with other genres of video games, but that first one was the best.

Because it was so hot out we packed up early and went home. After that I just sort of hung out. Not a bad day, but not a very exciting one either haha. Hopefully the next few days will be quite interesting.  Sorry for the utter lack of pictures in this post. There was nothing interesting to take a picture of.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Christopher, I copied you and started a blog as well. I've been reading yours for the last couple of days. Its good to be able to stay connected.

    Check it out.. stephenclarkspaceblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete