Saturday, July 24, 2010

Phantasm

Lately I've been trying to watch some better movies. What I mean by better is, movies that are highly acclaimed, I suppose. I'm a media comm major, so along with that I've been trying to watch movies that have good writing, cinematography, directing and acting.

Recently I watched the movie I Heart Huckabees which had an interesting directing style, but I can't say I like it or recommend it. The subject matter probably fits the direction. It is based on varying beliefs of some of the main characters that are routed in new age beliefs of interconnection and meaning, whether there is, or isn't meaning. I feel like I could understand the movie better if I watched it again and analyzed it more, but I don't really want to.

I watched, for the second time, the new Alice in Wonderland directed by Tim Burton. I wasn't in the mood to watch a movie when Dad put it on, but after the first couple scenes, I remembered why I liked the move so much when I was sucked into it again. I really did enjoy that movie.

Push is another movie I just watched for the second time. I think this movie is highly under appreciated and unknown. It bears a unique directing style and an original plot. It's unpredictable as well; I recommend this one highly.

The last couple of nights I've watched V For Vendetta. This movie came out in 2005 but I only just saw it for the first time two days ago. Now it is one of my favorite movies. I love the directing and the messages of this movie. The soundtrack really gives it a punch. I highly recommend this movie as well.

Tonight, along with my comrades Mitch and David I went and saw the movie in theaters right now called Inception. It is simply brilliant. If you haven't seen it yet, this is a must see in theaters. The story, the acting, the directing and the music are all masterfully done, and I can't say that I've seen a better movie.

I am trying to watch a lot of movies. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them. I prefer to hang out with friends and be outside, but I also love a good movie, and for my major, I consider watching movies research. I'm trying to balance my time with healthy, productive things, spending time with friends and family, and also with movie watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment